Contract-Permanent Warrington Rate: £150
Start Date: 02 Nov 2020 - End Date: 30 Apr 2021
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri - 08:30 - 17:30 (9hrs)
*Note that this role has the opportunity to go permanent*
An infrastructure solutions company that was founded over 100 years ago and is one of the oldest civil engineering companies in the UK has been given the responsibility of providing the maintenance services for a large scale water asset maintenance framework contract that has been set in motion for a period of 5 years with an option to potentially be extended for 10 years.
This contractor will be providing the overall management and delivery of the water network which includes 96 water treatment and 575 wastewater treatment sites which provides social services to 6 million people to the North West of England.
The purpose of this role is to develop intelligence that supports high performing operational delivery. The role combines technical ability in data collection, collation, manipulation, report development and analytical techniques. It will involve collecting data from a range of sources to provide stakeholder confidence and enable effective decision-making.
The Data Analysts Requirements:
- Own and maintain the accuracy, validity, and quality of data sets across our service delivery areas.
- Consolidate, review and analyse data sets from a range of sources (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, Power BI, Excel, bespoke platforms.)
- Establish and enforce data quality and governance.
- Recommend data change.
- Identify trends and present this to key groups to form improvement focus area.
- Identify opportunities for deeper analysis, producing reports and insight to drive better outcomes.
- Ensure that data analysis meets the agreed individual business requirements and expectations and is delivered in a timely manner with measurable outputs
Business & IT Requirements of the Data Analyst:
- Lead the development of clear technical specifications for IT changes
- Assess the impact of new data requests on existing infrastructure
- Support the development of data analytics/reporting platforms (Power BI, Dynamics, and bespoke platforms)
- Power BI, Microsoft Dynamics, Data Analysis, Attention to Detail, Office 365, Problem-solving, SAP, Organisation, Collaboration