Project Engineer – Water
Start date: Immediate
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri - 08:00 - 18:00 (10hrs)
Duration: 10th of October 2020- 28th of March (189 days/5 months)
* Note: This role requires candidates to be on an out of hours On-Call rota. This is for a 7 day period and typically once every 20 weeks*
An infrastructure solutions company that was founded over 100 years ago and is one of the oldest civil engineering companies in the UK has been given the responsibility of providing the maintenance services for a large scale water asset maintenance framework contract that has been set in motion for a period of 5 years with an option to potentially be extended for 10 years.
This contractor will be providing the overall management and delivery of the water network which includes 96 water treatment and 575 waste water treatment sites which provides social services to 6 million people to the North West of England.
The contractor requires a Project Engineer with site experience to support the North and South regions respectively with focus on Non-Core planned project work, reporting to the Project Manager.
Individual project values will typically range between £10k - £3M. The Project Engineer is likely to deliver between 10 to 20 concurrent projects depending on size and complexity.
Role and Responsibilities of the Project Engineer:
- Providing whole life oversight and accountability for the successful completion of Maintenance Projects and Services, through design, procurement, assembly, commissioning, and handover as required
- Ensure the supply chain remain compliant with both the Framework Management Plan, Framework HASEMP, and all Site-specific agreed documents
- Working closely with the Supply Chain Manager monitor Performance of the strategic supply chain who will deliver approximately 100% of the works in years 1-2, and work with all parties to ensure any performance improvement plans are developed and actions closed out.
- Assist the PM’s, and ADM in the Development and Implementation of a strategy to deliver 30% of the maintenance works in house from year 2
- Provide Leadership to create a safety culture to ensure Zero LTI and RIDDOR Incidents.
Requirements, skills, experience required of the Project Engineer
- Skills, knowledge, and experience of CDM and Construction Management in the capacity of Principle Contractor.
- Skills, knowledge, and experience of CDM and Design in both the capacity of Principle Designer (or CDM-C) and designer.
- Strong Technical understanding of Water and Waste Water treatment.
- Strong Contract Awareness
Qualifications and Training required of the Project Engineer
- 5 - 10 years’ experience preferably in the water industry in a multi-project delivery role.
- HNC/HND or degree in a relevant engineering discipline or an Association of Project Management (APM) Introductory Certificate.
- SMSTS qualification.
So if you are an interested Project Engineer who has worked on clean water frameworks who is interested, contact me on 020 8655 4953 or email me,(use the button)